Associates Degree | Ozark Campus | In Person
The law enforcement program provides students the skill set and knowledge necessary to prepare to enter the law enforcement field as well as provide promotional opportunities for those currently employed in law enforcement. This program, designed with the assistance and support of surrounding law enforcement agencies, offers a competitive advantage to potential law enforcement employees as a precursor or supplement to police academy training. This program will enhance critical communications skills, computer skills and knowledge of the legal system and current legislation.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Incorporation of more kinesthetic learning opportunities into existing courses.
- Mock crime scene processing.
- Role-playing exercises to emphasize learning in critical incident management and de-escalation strategies.
Skills You Will Learn
- Apply ethical reasoning to make sound decisions within the context of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate proficient communication skills appropriate for entry-level criminal justice professions: Verbal (V) and Written (W).
- Differentiate components of the criminal justice system.
- Evaluate opposing arguments for the role of police in society.
- Explain the use of discretion within the criminal justice system.
- Summarize the history, theories, policies and practices of the criminal justice system.
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Corrections Officer
- Criminal Investigator
- Game Warden
- Police Officer
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas State Police
- Crawford County Sheriff’s Office
- Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
- Johnson County Sheriff’s Department
- Oklahoma Department of Corrections
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
Point of Pride
ATU Ozark students won the state SkillsUSA Competition in Crime Scene Investigation in 2018 and in 2019.
1700 Helberg Lane
Ozark, AR 72949